Notice: Appointment required for bike sales or repair consultation. Book now at facebook.com/thirdhandbicyclecoop. Used parts, new parts, and bike donations available anytime we’re open, one person at a time.
Support THBC with you time and skills! We always have bikes to fix, parts to sort, tubes to patch, and tires to organize. Become a member and volunteer to get shop credit towards purchases of bikes and parts!
How to become a member:
- Attend an orientation, the 1st or 3rd Monday of each month at 7pm
- Volunteer 10 hours a year – that’s it!
Gives (What THBC expects from you):
- Safety first! Be familiar about our safety policies
- 10+ volunteer hours per year of membership
- Adhere to policies and guidelines in the Volunteer Handbook
- Be clear about your task(s) – if unsure, ask a Coordinator
Gets (What you can expect from THBC):
- Membership in a dynamic and vital community organization.
- Access to Member Shops
- Structured hands-on mechanical training
- An initial shop and organizational orientation
- Earn volunteer shop credit ($10/ hour)
- Up to 75% off used parts with volunteer credit, including 1 bike/year
- 20% off new parts
How to become a coordinator:
Be the shop you want to see! Coordinators are responsible for opening/closing the shop, managing volunteers, and running the register. Behind the scenes, Coordinators run social media, order inventory, write grants, and work with other community organizations. To become a coordinator, here’s what you need to do:
- Be a member and log 20+ total volunteer hours.
- Have a current Coordinator sponsor your candidacy. They will answer your questions and reach out to others to gauge their support.
- Attend a Coordinator meeting to introduce yourself, meet any unfamiliar Coordinators, and answer questions. Afterwards, get elected unanimously to be a trial Coordinator.
- Get access to administrative and communication channels and complete a trial month of shadowing other Coordinators.
- Be affirmed at the next meeting as a full Coordinator, or have your trial period extended as necessary.
- THBC By Laws (PDF)
- THBC Member Handbook (PDF)